Consular legalization / Translation agency Lviv
Confirmation of documents validity is called consular legalization. It is important in this case that not the document content is confirmed, but only the seal or signature it bears. Legalization is done by the MFA of Ukraine and the Ministry of Justice. Authenticity of documents is confirmed by affixing apostille stamps, howver, unlike apostillation, legalization in the consulate is required for the countries that have not adopted the Hague Convention. These are the following countries: the United Arab Emirates, Libya, Egypt, Qatar, Costa Rica, Kuwait, Canada, China (excluding Hong Kong and Macao), Iraq, Palestine, Saudi Arabia, Uruguay, Chile and Sri Lanka.
The procedure of documents legalization is as follows:
- firstly, the seal is affixed in the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine, then in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine;
- the next step is notarized translation;
- and, finally, a seal of the corresponding country’s consulate is affixed.
Legalization of documents Lviv
Features of consular legalization
- for legalization of documents with the help of the "Ecotest-Lingvo" translation agency the customer should provide the power-of-attorney to our staff member;
- for legalization of diploma its notarized copy, and a certificate from the archives of the educational institution are required;
- during legalization of documents issued by the Registry Office, a document of the new design should be submitted. If the issuing country accepts the documents of an old design, its notarized copy should be legalized;
- legal entities should provide a letter of application, signed by the director, on a company letterhead with a seal.
Documents issued on the territories of the foreign countries are not subject to legalization in the consulate (embassy), such a procedure for diplomas is called nostrification. In the embassies of some countries document copies can be notarized as well.
Thus, for instance, international passports copies are to be certified in the embassy of Spain, while in the German embassy consular stamp is affixed on the copies of the official Ukrainian documents.
"Ecotest-Lingvo” Lviv translation agency offers a full range of services for legalization of documents, including notarized translation and courier delivery. Please, contact us, we are always happy to help you!